Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thankful

Over the years, I have written intermittently in this gratitude journal: 


My aunt gave it to me while I was in college. It got lost in the shuffle of several moves after graduation, but during our most recent relocation, I rediscovered it. 

I've been writing it during my morning devotions lately, and I'm struck by how the things I was thankful for seven years ago are still the things I'm thankful for today: 


Of course, my gratitude list has grown since then: 


But overall, it's clear that God is steadfast and true; His mercies are new every morning.

{And PS - my computer, though an upgrade from my sophomore year of college, is thankfully still virus-free!}

Enter His courts with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; 
give thanks to Him and praise His name. 
For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; 
His faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 100:4-5

No comments: