Thursday, July 7, 2011

Four years

O Captain, my Captain:

I don’t believe in soulmates, at least not the usual sense.

I don’t think there’s one perfect person out there, and if you miss them somehow, you’ll be miserable with anyone else.

I do believe, however, that the person you choose to spend your life with becomes your soulmate as you grow together over the years.

And that’s why I love you more every day.

The love I felt for you on our wedding day four years ago pales in comparison to how to feel about you now, and what I feel now is nothing to what it will be in 50 years.

4 comments:

photo_lolo said...

I had a feeling that today was something. I just couldn't remember, but this is it! Happy anniversary you two! (And I love that your post time stamp is 7:07 a.m.)

photo_lolo said...

Not sure that's accurate, but that's what is says on my computer...so it counts!

Kate Gef said...

Amen. Beautifully written, and so very true. Congratulations! :)

Puffin said...

I hope your day was special! What a lovely photo! I enjoyed this entry : )