Friday, July 29, 2011

Little Black Book

Do I strike you as being a driven, motivated, git 'r done kind of girl? 
Excellent. 
Then I'm a better actress than I thought. 
Because if left to my own devices, I'd watch Netflix all day long. Maybe do a crossword puzzle. Check Facebook. 

But I don't give into those impulses very often and it's thanks to this item right here: 


This is my little black book and it's my life. I keep all my lists in here: to-do, grocery, packing, goals. etc. It's pretty tiny so it fits in my purse neatly. 


I highlight the items that haven't been done for a while. The best part is checking off items that have been completed. I love that! (And sometimes if I do something that wasn't on the list, I'll add it anyway just so I can check it off. Does anybody else do that?)

I kept a book like this all through college and it served me well. After I graduated, though, life wasn't defined by semesters and assignments anymore. I need a visual reminder that I'm getting things done ... even though I do the same things day after day.


2 comments:

Puffin said...

Nice changes to the blog : )

Tammy said...

I thought I was the only one who carried a book similar to that. Crossing off on my list is a celebration. Love the new look on your blog as well.