Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cake mix cookies

I thought cravings would go away after pregnancy. 
I was wrong. (Nursing a cluster-feeding infant is exhausting and calorie-consuming!)
So, the other day I was craving something chocolaty and chewy, and decided to try out cake mix cookies. 
The verdict: Delicious and so easy!
Here's what you'll need:
Shur Fine should pay me for advertising! 

1 package of cake mix (any flavor)
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 water 
Optional: 1 cup coconut, chopped nuts, raisins (although, why???), chocolate chips or anything else you'd put with cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cake mix mix, egg, oil and water and beat until blended. I added a little bit more water because it seemed too dry. Add any extra ingredients. 

I molded the dough into balls and put them on a cookie sheet. You could flatten them out with the bottom of a glass if you want flatter cookies, but I didn't make that effort. 

I baked the cookies for 13 minutes. They were soft and chewy, and the coconut was a tasty blend with the dark chocolate.

Jim said they look kind of gross, and admittedly they do, but still - yummy!
I got this recipe from www.cooks.com. 

No comments: