Sunday, July 8, 2012

Outfit roundup

I'm really behind the curve, technology-wise, so this isn't new information, just new to me. With iPhone apps for Blogger, it's super easy to take photos and upload them to the blog. Granted, these aren't gorgeous, high-resolution photos, but they'll do the trick. 

Here are a couple of outfits I wore during the past week, spent mainly at my mother's house (hence the lack of posting). (And to add more parentheses, we had a wonderful, relaxing time out of town, celebrating the Fourth of July, my brother's 18th birthday and our 5th wedding anniversary.)


Black ruffled top - Clearance at Pamida
Black cardigan - Clearance at Pamida
Cream skirt - Local consignment store
Sandals - Local consignment store
Long pearl necklace worn as a bracelet - Premiere Design sale


•••

I'm not crazy about this next outfit. I've been reading some different blogs during Brielle's marathon nursing sessions, and using a belt for purposes other than holding up your pants is apparently a thing now. So I decided to try it, and here's what it looked like: 


Ruff Hewn asymmetrical T-shirt - Clearance at Herberger's
Maxi skirt - Clearance at Herberger's
Belt - From a sweater my sister handed down to me
Sunglasses - Payless
Sandals (not shown) - Gap via Goodwill

I felt uncomfortable with where the belt bisected my middle, so I nixed it and went with this:


Not the most glamorous outfit ever, but very comfortable and easy for chasing around Miss Evangeline!

•••

I wore this for the Fourth of July party at my grandmother's house. I ended up spending most of my time inside with Brielle, but I did get to enjoy part of a five-foot-wide pizza my uncles and cousins engineered. I wish I had a photo; it was impressive!



Green striped top - Local consignment store
White camisole - Yard sale
Black capris - Yard sale
Flats - Payless
Purse - Fossil, via local consignment

The top and capris are maternity clothes, which I should be sick of, but am not yet because they are so comfortable! (And if I hadn't pointed it out, you wouldn't have known they were maternity.)
Maternity pants = socially acceptable sweatpants. 

No comments: