Thursday, May 24, 2012

Still in a storm watch, but at least I'm packed

I'd been putting off packing my bag for the hospital, for reasons unknown even to myself, 
but tonight I finally got it done. 

When I had Evangeline, I definitely overpacked. Plus, the sheer amount of STUFF we brought home - paperwork and samples from the hospital, flowers, gifts, cards - added to the load, making me wonder if we would get all of it, plus a newborn, into the Mini Cooper. 

This time around, we'll be taking the Explorer, so space isn't the issue. Still, I know what I need (and don't need) this time, so I packed accordingly. 

Here's what's in my bag: 


• Nightgown and robe
• Underwear and socks
• Two nursing bras
• Nursing pads
• Nursing cover (I didn't have one the last time and it was the one thing I really could have used.)
• A forgiving maxi dress for going home
• Toiletries and makeup
• Glasses
• A bag of "gifts" for the big sister (OK, it's books and toys we've been saving back for when she's old enough, so technically they're already Evangeline's, but she doesn't know that ...)
• iPhone and charger
• Paperwork for the hospital
• Light reading (last time, I made Jim go out and buy me some magazines to flip through during midnight feeding sessions)
• Going home outfits for Stormy ... have to be prepared for either a boy or a girl!
• A small thank-you gift for the hospital staff 
• A notebook and pen for recording visitors, gifts, baby information and Mommy thoughts


I'm betting we'll be using the "little brother" set, but we'll see ... we'll see. 


Jim rolled his eyes at the cheesy note, and it is unapologetically corny, but it's the thought that counts!

Just four more days until the Oncoming Storm ... we'll keep you posted!

No comments: