Wednesday, May 16, 2012

An update from Limbo

Over the past month and a half, I've been completely overwhelmed by the amount of support and encouragement we've been shown from family, friends and our community. Even thinking about it now makes me weepy ... although that is partially due to hormones. 


The thing is, we're still waiting. Jim has had a couple of interviews for teaching positions in the area and is currently waiting to hear back from them. I forgot how stressful this waiting period can be. The last time we went through this, it was just the two of us. Now with two children (OK, 1 and 3/4 children) to consider, the stakes seem so much higher. 


I'm struggling with a lot of anger right now, quite honestly. I know that probably seems uncharacteristic, and it is, but when I see my talented, dedicated husband questioning his abilities and his calling as a teacher, it makes me see red. He's given up so much to minister to students and their families and all he wants is to continue to do so. Why isn't he given the opportunity? 


This surprises me. I expect to be fierce when it comes to the protection of my children. I didn't realize the same instincts would exert themselves on behalf of my husband. He is my protector, but that doesn't mean I won't fight for him, either. 


If this is all one giant over-share, I apologize. I realize that in the grand scheme of things, our troubles are laughably insignificant. Other people are dealing with REAL problems; our situation eventually will sort itself out. So maybe Jim won't be a teacher after this year. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 


My constant prayer is for patience, patience and more patience. (And the good news is, for as difficult as it is to wait, it is getting *marginally* easier. So there's that.) 


For all of you who have remembered us in your thoughts and prayers, THANK YOU, and please continue to do so. I treasure all the kind words that have been shared with me and on Jim's behalf. 


Just like I know I'll be holding a sweet newborn after the struggle of labor, I believe God will create something beautiful out of this less-than-lovely time. 

No comments: