Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A new name for a new chapter

To the five people who regularly read this blog, you'll notice I've changed from "Lutheran Thrifty Mama" to "Kirkhaven," and here's why.

I restarted this blog last year with the intent to post about my thrifted outfits and home decor. But as I continued to write, the focus expanded to include my thoughts about motherhood and journalism and life. So, as I start a new chapter of life with two children under two (I'll be sharing about the birth of our second daughter soon!), I wanted the blog title to better reflect what can be found here.

As our life changes (still no update on Jim's job search; we'll keep you posted when there's something to report), home is our sanctuary from uncertainty. It's a port in the storm, a shelter ... our haven. I'm not the world's greatest interior designer (we have yet to repaint the walls in our house; it's been four years ... yeah), but I believe that a happy home is more than the things inside it.

So there really won't be a lot of changes. I'll still have thrifty posts (now that I'm out of maternity clothes, it will be a lot more fun!) from time to time, plus my weekly newspaper column and other vignettes from our thoroughly Midwestern life.

Right now, I'm operating on about three hours of sleep per night, so the inspiration well is running a little bit dry. I hope that won't deter you from visiting every once in a while ... and to bribe encourage you, here's a picture of my sweet girls:










No comments: