Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thrifting for less


You know what? I'm just going to skip the part about why I haven't been blogging lately, and get straight to the good stuff: Thrifted fashion!

Lately, I've discovered that you don't have to pay full price - even at Goodwill. Store policies may vary depending on where you live, but in Lincoln, there are three clothing sales per month at each location: The 10 for $10 sale, the traveling sale and the 99-cent clothing sale.

Basically, what this means is that you can clearance-shop at thrift stores. And that makes me super happy. (Although you can't tell this from the photo ... I don't know why my face is doing that.)

The cardigan (Merona) and slacks (Express) were $1 each at Goodwill. The black top (Carol Rose) was purchased eons ago at J&J's Attic in West Point, and I'm sure it was under $5. The leopard flats (Aerosoles) are from Plato's Closet, but I paid $0 for them since I traded in some clothes. The necklace (no brand) is the spendiest item in this outfit, ringing in at $5 from Goodwill.

So, for $12, I'm smiling (on the inside) that everything in this ensemble is thrifted.

You can check out upcoming Lincoln Goodwill sale dates at www.lincolngoodwill.org.

No comments: