Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Adoration


There is nothing that prepares you for the adoration of a baby.

In all my adult life, I’ve been praised for things I’ve done, accomplishments, achievements. I’ve never, however, been awarded simply for being alive.

That’s what a baby does for you. When I’m nursing Brielle or changing her diaper, smoothing back her crazy curls or rubbing lotion into her soft, chubby arms, she looks up at me with complete amazement.

And then she smiles that sweet, sweet little grin … well, that’s love, pure and simple. It doesn’t matter to her what I look like (or smell like), if I make enough money or keep an immaculate home. All that matters is that I’m her mommy and I’m with her.

To be present is enough to gain my daughter’s complete devotion.

{Photo courtesy of K Giese Photography. Be sure to check out Krista's beautiful photos – I'm sure you'll see some familiar faces!}

No comments: